Sun Pony Ranch

Diary of novice (clueless) ranch owners

Monday, June 18, 2018

Meeting up, and Happy Anniversary!

This morning Phyllis and my parents came and picked me up from my AirBNB. Without many plans in place, I said I was interested in going downtown to check out a couple of yarn stores. Cause -- I'm learning how to knit!! Not only that, but I'm about to finish the scarf I'm working on, and with several days on the ferry ahead I'm thinking a new project would be very welcome.

There were several yarn stores, but two that are very close together were irresistible: Quivut and the Wooley Mammoth.

 Quivut, turns out, is the inner wool of the muskox. Very soft, and apparently extremely warm -- it is spun and knitted by native tribes up here. The store in Anchorage is a Co-Op outlet. Beautiful knitwear does it make. But also very very expensive, so all we did was admire. We moved onto the next store where I purchased some yarn. Still hoping to figure out what to use it on!

In the afternoon we retired to the RV, which I've never seen before. Quite spacious! And it seemed to be suiting the 4 of them well for the past 3 weeks.

 Dinner was in celebration of Mom and Dad's 63rd wedding anniversary: The Glacier Brewhouse. Food was terrific - but at 4:00 (early dinner because Phyllis had a plane to catch to go work in Brazil for a few weeks) - they already had people waiting for tables! Crazy busy. Then we saw on the front of the newly printed menu - a welcome message for over a dozen tour events bringing people to the restaurant in the next week or so. Yeah, there are a lot of people in Anchorage in the summer!

 After dropping Phyllis at the airport, we returned to the RV for a couple hands of "Hand and Foot". We were marveling at sitting outside at 8:30 in Anchorage, comfortably in light jackets and playing cards.

Previous Post - Alaska Trip - Next Post

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home