Sun Pony Ranch

Diary of novice (clueless) ranch owners

Monday, June 18, 2018

The Land of the Midnight Sun

Well... Almost.   As my hosts clarified - it's only of the 11:45 pm sun here in Anchorage.  That's close enough for me: I'm counting it.

My sister has long wanted to drive to Alaska.  Since they moved into an RV full time last year, it was finally the perfect time to do it, and she invited our parents to join them.  To get home, Mom and Dad booked their passage back to the states via a ferry down the inside passage, and then a sight-seeing train from Vancouver back to Calgary, where they will fly home to Albuquerque.   Wow, wow, wow -- what a trip!

So... I asked them if they would mind a tag-along with them on the ferry.  The best part about that change of plans is that the three of us could book a 4-bunk room with private bath, for the same per-person rate they had previously for the 2 bunk room and no bath.  So much better all around!

And that's how I came to be doing Alaska for the first time.  First time for all of us, actually.  Life has been really very stressful the first part of this year, so I felt very much in need of an escape.  Can't get much further away, without having to have a passport, than this!     (Ok, I admit -- I did take my passport with me - because I didn't realize that our ferry only puts in at US ports in its 4 day voyage...  Did I mention stress at home and I sort of just bought plane tickets and flew up here?)


Alaska Trip - Next Post

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home