Sun Pony Ranch

Diary of novice (clueless) ranch owners

Thursday, December 07, 2006

In the Press!

So, been on this project for a little over a week, and it’s already getting press. Ha ha, I think this was a good time to come on board!

Boeing held their grand opening for the new gallery facility they’ve built for the purpose of configuring new 787’s – of which the software I’m working on plays a central part. Employees and family were invited… oh and I was too. :) Didn’t get to attend as I was here, but I’m going out next week and our guy said he’d give us a tour for sure.

There are a few screen shots in the news clip here:
Virtual Rollout of the B787

Meanwhile… my job has been off to a very slow start. The guy I’m here to take a load off of has been on vacation for a week, and is off again today and tomorrow (to work with Lucas Arts, by the way – have I mentioned we have high profile clients? Not bad for a 40 person company.) So I’m doing a lot of self study. Oh well, I guess this might be typical, but this feeling like I don’t know what is going on is incredibly foreign, and frustrating to me.

The best thing so far about this job? I have a bus pass, AND a bus that starts from 10 minutes from my house to 2.5 blocks away from my office. It's a 50 minute ride and runs during commuting hours every 15 minutes. It's FABULOUS! I'm getting a lot of reading done on the bus, and am loving it.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You just crack me up... I asked Stacy how you are doing and she sent me this link. I am glad to hear you are doing well at your new job. Sounds exciting, though I so understand the frustration from being in a new position too. Isn't riding the bus GREAT. Do they need an SA? hehehehehehe
Did anybody ever tell you, you should be a writer. I thouroughly enjoyed reading about your Thanksgiving week with the dogs too.

12/12/06, 5:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home