Sun Pony Ranch

Diary of novice (clueless) ranch owners

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Blast from the Past

Haven't posted in awhile - things are a whirlwind at the ranch. Ginger, David and I are all trying to keep a handle on what is going on on about 4 different fronts each, and I'm afraid we're starting to resemble more the Three Stooges, than say, three people in charge of their business.

Case in point - this was shot this morning:



Someone very thoughtfully locked the door on the way out of the kennel yesterday - only we don't have the key to that door! The Barn Doors have been securely fastened from the inside to keep them from blowing around in the wind, so we couldn't even get to the garage door recently installed just inside of those. The new back doors are locked and no one has given us the keys yet... Fortunately the window wasn't latched. And yahoo - an opportunity where Ginger's petite build is a real asset!

So with all that is going on, what do we do? Escape to an rock concert of course!

Thanks to my high school boyfriend's musical tastes I never got into INXS when they were really huge. But David had several of their CDs and I was the one who bought Elegantly Wasted when it came out in '97. But then their lead singer committed suicide, and the band all but dissolved.

Last summer there was a 'reality' show based on people trying out to be the new lead singer for INXS. It was a totally hokey idea so I shunned it like most reality shows. Then I tuned in while channel surfing one night, and was instantly hooked. I watched the last 6 weeks faithfully, and was rooting for the winner, JD Fortune, from 5 weeks out.

So they're on tour now -- I couldn't pass up the opportunity to see them all together up close! The concert was great -- alas, JD is horribly sick and his voice was totally gone. Talking was essentially out of the question even though he pushed through it. Singing ballads was out of the question, though he pushed through that too. That was a shame, because "Afterglow" was one of the songs I was looking forward to the most and, I hate to say, it was terrible. But, he seemed to have little noticeable trouble on the non-ballad songs, of which there are many, so it was still a very rockin' night. They did about 60/40 old hits to songs from the new album.

We had a terrific time. I was initially concerned when we found the people in front of us were a group of 8-12 year olds dragged along by their parents. (I said when I was a kid, my parents took me to see... Neal Diamond). I was getting annoyed at the little girl's amazing tendency to stick her hands up just in time to commandere my pictures. But not long after INXS came out they all got bored and sat down. HEY - not a bad deal for us afterall.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home