Sun Pony Ranch

Diary of novice (clueless) ranch owners

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Beyond Brokeback

It's in production!

Oh so long ago, I mentioned here that I was eagerly awaiting the release of the book assembled from posts at the forum I've been a member of for a year now. Well, - not quite a year. I actually ran across my ticketstub from the night that we saw the movie several weeks ago. What with the anniversary of the movie coming out, and then the anniversary of the forum's inception, and so many anniversary celebrations of so many of the members I've become friends with, I was quite sad I didn't know when it was we first saw the movie.

Then low and behold - one day I chose to wear a flannel shirt of Dave's that I really love, but which he hardly ever wears anymore... and I found my BBM ticket stub in the pocket! What an amazing coincidence that was. So, March 11th is will be our one year anniversary.



ANYWAYS -- the book, Beyond Brokeback: The Impact of a Film has just gone to the publisher!

Members of our forum were affected so deeply by the film, that a team of volunteers labored for more than a year to create a book documenting the impact. Editors selected the most compelling, amusing and emotionally-devastating stories of transformation from The Ultimate Brokeback Forum. They came from straight and gay people, old and young, male and female, on six continents. The book is available now from WingSpan Press in both hardcover and trade paperback.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home