Sun Pony Ranch

Diary of novice (clueless) ranch owners

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Such a Lovely Trailer!

HEY - I learned a new trick today! Made my first very own digital video. I'm feeling most smug, because it actually was so much easier than I'd figured it would be.

A few weeks ago my sister Phyllis and I stopped by a house in Denver to check out a trailer that our sister Nancy was interested in buying. Since I'd just asked Phyllis to loan me her video camera so we can take some video for the kennel, we lugged it along so I could give it a whirl.

Well, whirl is kinda right. It was my first time ever holding a video camera, afterall. But in anycase, here is the "finished" version after playing around a little bit with Windows Movie Maker. (remember -- be kind! haha) I did this to send to Nancy, but then it occurred to me, why should I send this to her only, when I could share it with the WORLD?? mmuuahahahah!

The New Trailer (http://www.sunponyranch.com/images/Nancys%20Trailer.wmv)

Depending on your bandwidth, you might want to right-click on that link and save the file to your machine. Or click on it and see if it plays OK. Played OK for me -- I actually would really like to hear back from folks as to whether just clicking worked for you or not. *looks down at that Comments link below this entry* It's just over 8 megs in size.

Anywhoo -- oh I see nearly unlimited possiblities for posting clips from the kennel and horse lessons or camp! Y'all best get used to this me thinks. Oh, and then I wonder, did Phyl say she wanted this camera back?

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger swilson said...

I know it when I see a multi-thousand dollar habit forming. You are just going to HAVE to buy one of those new HDHD cameras (hi-definition that record to a hard disk).

Sharing video is after all why YouTube got Time's "Man of the Year" and also they just won the "Webby" award.

5/3/07, 11:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL - very nice video Rookie! And if your sister doesn't come to pick it up, you can always post the video on e-bay and see if you can sell it that way. ~Lydia

5/3/07, 4:59 PM  
Blogger Dean said...

Did you know that some cell cameras can do the same thing ? LOL!
Something to ponder about next time you loose ur phone.

btw ... I would prefer to see more vids and less text ! Just my preference ... ain't right that all the text took twice as long as the vid.

HA!

:)

Woo Hoo !! Lydia was here !

5/4/07, 1:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! so everyone gets to see our new trailer at the same time we see it! We are excited to come up and get and take if for a whirl. We'll be up just after Memorial day. See you then!

~Nancy~

5/9/07, 12:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home