Sun Pony Ranch

Diary of novice (clueless) ranch owners

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Mass Ascention

As soon as it's mostly light - everyone who can get enough ground space for their balloon starts inflating. The Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta regularaly attracts 700-800 balloons. Literally everywhere you look you are surrounded by balloons inflating, preparing to launch, in the sky... It's an astonishing sight and these pictures just can't do it justice. For the next 2 hours all we did was watch wave after wave take off.

(click on images to enlarge)





Andrea, Dave, Brian

You really are RIGHT THERE amongst all the action.






And then... the sun breaks over Sandia mountain and the sights just get more spectacular.







Many of the balloons are fantastical:












Though these two took the prize. When they inflate they velcro the hands together, and they launch in tandem. They even make the two balloons kiss as they launch!!



They they separate and join the crowd.




Brian, Dave, my sister Nancy, Mom, my neice Kelsey (facing away) and my sister Phyllis

It was a really great morning. And by 9 AM? We were ready to head home for a nap.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh those little bees are so darn cute! You know, I'm surprised there aren't more advertising balloons. I'm glad, but surprised. It seems everywhere you turn someone is trying to cram a product down your throat.

So nice to see your mom. Hi Mom! *waves* ~Lydia

10/16/07, 10:34 AM  
Blogger Dean said...

How GORGEOUS !!!
It's amazing. I wish I was there too.

Did Lydia tell you? I was flipping through channels and apparently there was some crash involving a number of balloons in Albuquerque the previous week. I didn't want to scare you so I was telling Lydia "omg, why is she going on that crazy thing" and Lydia said " I don't think she'll be flying in them" ...lol!
That was a relief.
he he ... just me being a ditz as usual.

So nice to see your family. Your sisters looks just like your mom.

Love

Dean

10/23/07, 7:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home